Buying a house isn’t always the right (or possible) thing to do for everyone. But, if you rent and you’re looking for a sign that it’s time to take the leap into home ownership, see how many of the things below you find yourself saying…
1. “Look at this house I found in the listings.”
Realtor.com, Zillow, RedFin, etc. — there’s nothing wrong with taking a look at what’s out there.
2. “I’d love to be able to remodel this bathroom.”
One of the most frustrating things about renting is not being able to make things look exactly the way you want them.
3. “The kids need a place they can call their own.”
A great reason to buy a home is to provide a sense of stability for your family.
4. “They’re raising the rent again!?”
Why does rent only seem to go in one direction!?
5. “Did you hear Sarah just bought a house?”
There’s nothing more frustrating than seeing everyone you know become a homeowner while you’re stuck paying rent.
6. “Ugh. I wish the landlord would clean up this yard.”
The thing about landlords is…you can rarely make them do anything.
7. “I could be paying down my own mortgage every month.”
All that money is going to build someone else’s equity…sigh.
8. “Everyone is saying that rates are ridiculously low right now.”
If there was ever a good time to buy, this might be it.
9. “I think I have enough money saved for a downpayment.”
Saving up enough to be able to buy is half the battle.
10. “I can’t believe I have to move again.”
Renters are always at the whim of their landlord’s decisions.
11. “Man, I wish I owned some real estate.”
Who wouldn’t want a place that they can truly call their own.
Were any of these things you say? Maybe it’s a sign you should look into buying that house you’re always talkin’ about!